6-8th June 2019, Sopot
- Open Science Days, which are organized by the Institute of Oceanology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in cooperation with the Sopot Science Society and the Experyment Science Center in Gdynia will be held on 6-8 June 2019.
11-12th June 2019, Paris, France
On 11-12 June 2019, the high-level science-policy conference EurOCEAN 2019 will take place in Paris. EurOCEAN 2019, the 5th in the EurOCEAN conference series, will explore the role of marine science in the next decade.
main conferency page, registration, more information here and here
11 maja 2019, Warszawa, Stadion Narodowy
- We would like to invite you to the GEOPLANET and IOPAN stand (A17) during the next edition (already 23!) of the Warsaw PiknikNaukowy by Polish Radio and the Copernicus Science Center. This year's event is held under the slogan ME AND MACHINES. The picnic is held as previously at PGE.Narodowy on May 11, 2019, between 11:00 and 20:00. Picnic is the largest outdoor event in Europe popularizing science. It does not matter if you are passionate about science, or have you ever felt fascinated by its newest discoveries - at the Picnic you will find something for yourself. All information can be found at the event page and on the website.
24-27th April 2019, IO PAN
- "ECSD5 2019" is the fifth "European Conference on Scientific Diving" organised by the IO PAN Scientific Diving TEAM, in Sopot, first time in Poland. Conferences of this series were originally initiated by the European Scientific Diving Panel in 2015 by combining "The Research in Shallow Marine and Fresh Water Systems" and "The International Symposium on Occupational Scientific Diving" into one general meeting held once a year. More on ECSD 2019
23th April kwietnia 2019, museum ship "Sołdek", Gdańsk
National Maritime Museum in Gdańsk together with Institute of Oceanology PAN invites you to the opening of a temporary exhibition entitled "Plastic Sea". This photorelation applies to the Katharsis II sailing around the continent of Antarctica, along, and south of the 60° paralel south.
For more information please visit Katharsis II, Invitation, Gospodarka Morska
25-28th March 2019, Paris, France
- We would like to inform that the consortium of the EU-Horizon 2020 funded project AtlantOS (“Optimizing and Enhancing the Integrated Atlantic Ocean Observing System“) and participants of the First International AtlantOS Symposium have released the Paris Declaration calling for an All-Atlantic Ocean Observing System that builds on cooperation through Galway and Belem Statements. The Symposium took place on 25-28 March at the UNESCO Headquarters in Paris (France), IO PAN was represented by Maciej Telszewski and Artur Palacz. For more information see the IOCCP website.
14th March, 2019, Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences, Sopot
- On March 14, 2019, the first meeting of the eCUDO.pl consortium took place at the Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Sciences in Sopot. The contract for co-financing the project was signed on February 28, 2019. The implementation of the project is planned for 3 years, while the value of the co-financing awarded is more than 15 million PLN. more informations
26th February 2019, TV Gdańsk
- In today's "Good morning here in Gdańsk" program our colleague - Miłosz Grabowski, together with Assoc. Prof. Jacek Bełdowski, were talking about the problem of chemical munitions lying on the bottom of the Baltic Sea
25-27th February, IO PAN
- International ACCES project kickoff meeting took place in Institute of Oceanology PAN, 25-27th February. Project funded by BELMON Fund and respective research councils form USA, Kanada, Denmark, Norway and Poland, aims to describe the ongoing environmental consequences of Arctic coasts de-icing. Profesor Janne Soreide from UNIS is a leader of the consortium, and prof. J. Marcin Węsławski leads the Polish team. The first goal of the project is standarisation of observational procedures and archiwisation of the existed, dispersed data.
15th November 2019, CPPC, Warszawa
- The Digital Poland Project (Center Centrum Projektów Polska Cyfrowa) has just announced the results of the last recruitment evaluation under subaction 2.3.1 "Digital access to public sector information from administrative sources and scientific resources".
The POPC.02.03.01-00-0062/18 "Electronic Center for Providing Oceanographic Data eCUDO.pl" will be implemented at the Institute of Oceanology of the Polish Academy of Sciences. Its main goal is to increase the digital accessibility and usefulness of public sector information through the digitization of science resources in the field of oceanology. The leading partner of the Project is the Institute of Oceanology of the Polish Academy of Sciences. The project's partners are the Maritime Institute in Gdansk, the Maritime Fisheries Institute - the National Research Institute, the Polish Geological Institute - National Research Institute, the University of Gdańsk, the Pomeranian Academy in Słupsk and the University of Szczecin. The value of the project and the co-financing awarded is PLN 15 261 546.00 PLN.
Detailed information can be found at: CPPC, COI, FB
- Each month, EurOcean presents us a deeper look at what EurOcean Members do in relation to our three core activities: Marine Research Infrastructures, Marine Knowledge Management, and Marine Science Communication and Outreach. "Member of the Month" now is Institute of Oceanology PAN.
20th September 2018, IO PAN
- BALTIC SEA & (OUTER) SPACE.NEW PERESPECTIVE FOR OUR REGION Conference took place at IO PAN SOPOT. The conference was attended by representatives of business, science and administration. More on Polish Maritime Cluster